10 Tips to Avoid Strain Injuries Due to Incorrect Working Position
Working in an awkward position creates strain on the joints and surrounding tissue. Consequently, a poor working position is a significant risk factor for back injuries or shoulder and wrist disorders.
The fatigue caused by an awkward working position in and of itself affects your well-being. Reduce your risk of developing physical problems with these tips.
Start out in a correct body position:
- Stand with equal weight on both legs
- Maintain an S-curve in your spine
- Keep your neck aligned
- Keep your hands on the same plane as the forearms
Continue your professional blow-dry work:
- Lower the grip on the brush, place your thumb under the handle
- Push upwards instead of pulling, using your natural strength
- Always choose tools that have a good balance
- Keep your working tools in a loose and balanced grip.
- Blow-dry from under where possible.
- Move around the customer for the correct position with low elbows and shoulders.
Watch the video: